Tuesday, June 24, 2008

June 24 - Wild Life


Today was an up early day to check out the wildlife of South Dakota. We were not let down at all. The day started gently with deer grazing in some of the biggest fields I ever saw.
















Then came the biggest surprise ever. We rounded a bend and there in the field was a herd of what I thought were buffalo. Then I read the sign (Double click the picture) and thought that Texan's don't have the biggest of everything and New Mexican's should never complain about their prarie dogs again. Truely these are magnificant animals and to think we almost lost them. We MUST protect our environment for the future.




From there we traveled to Hot Springs, SD to see the Mammoth Site. Fascinating to say the least. I feel as though I've entered school again. According to the guide, they will be digging there for another 20 years.