Thursday, July 3, 2008

June 30, July 1 - 2 - Pine City, MN

We moved to the north side of Minneapolis to Pine City. Here we were able to meet up with our other friends, Barb & Howard Schacht. They were gracious enough to guide us to the shopping mecca, "Mall of America". Not being a super shopper myself, I was still impressed to see so many stores under one roof. It is an "experience" that one should have one time. I'm not sure about a second visit.

We were able to spend a quite evening with them at the RV Park sharing supper and catching up on all the happenings. Being nurses and also military, there were lots of stories to be told.

Driving around through all of the construction really wasn't too bad. Then again our travelling was limited to mid day. I'm not so sure I'd venture out during rush hour here. The I-35 bridge is almost complete. It's my understanding they're looking at September for an opening date. That should help out a lot.