Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Full Timing Lifestyle Blessings


We are often asked how we like this lifestyle of not having a place we call home.  We are most asked about the holidays and sharing of those special days or birthdays, graduations, marriages, and births with our families and especially the grandchildren.  There are always more questions than answers but the one answer that keeps coming up the most is that we are following a dream and fulfilling a promise I made some 47 years ago to Roseann.  I asked her "Marry me and I'll show you the world".  Well here we are exploring the world and enjoying each day.

I was reminded this morning, by an email from a friend in Colorado that we made from this lifestyle, about the gifts that we have received from this lifestyle.  The people that we have met and the friendships that have ensued from those meetings are beyond value.  We cherish each one of them and hold them dear in our hearts.  The friends are from all parts of the USA and Canada and yet we always feels their presence either through meetings on the road, phone calls or emails.  They are always close by.

We have also encountered God's creation up close.   This was our sunrise two days ago.  It lasted long enough for me to get 2 pictures.  That shaft of light pointed right at the door of our "home".  What a way to begin our day.

We also have encountered some fun times with God's creatures.  While we are here in the Keys, I am able to go fishing right behind us in the canal.  Some of the fish are just not what I want but there are those who want whatever I want to throw back.  We named this one "Mikie" because he will eat anything I give him.  He knows that he'll at least get one.

This is why we travel, The friendships, the beauty of the land and God's gifts to us, our world.